Beyond the photos that we scrap, our memorabilia is an important part of our story. Memorabilia can be anything like ticket stubs, maps, a napkin , an invitation, newspaper article. You name it , people save it. It often enhances the story of our photos.
Newspaper clippings are a great way to tell a story. But over time, they get brittle . Here is your guide to preserve your newspaper clipping and pictures for generations to come.
- Mix one quart of club soda with one tablet milk of magnesia
- Let the tablet dissolve completely and mix well
- Pour mixture into a small shallow pan ( a pie tin works well
- Lay newspaper clipping into the pan and leave for one to two hours
- Remove clipping carefully and dry on a soft towel until there is no moisture left
- The Clipping is now preserved for many years to come