Distress Ink Techniques And Ideas
Distress inks are so much fun to work with. I love the range of colors and techniques that you can create. You really get a lot of bang for your buck, so to speak.
What can you do with distress inks?
- Run the ink over a piece of cardstock to give it an aged look, You can use more than one color.
- Crumple a piece of cardstock. Smooth it out slightly and run the ink pad over the crumpled areas. Spray the paper very lightly with water and allow to run. Dry with a heat dryer. Iron on a very low setting.
- With a foam blending tool, ink the edge of your photo mat or paper with a contrasting distress ink color.
- Stamp with distress inks
- Mist the inked stamp for a water color technique
- Blend different colors of distress ink with a blending tool
- Use distress inks with stencils. Apply with a blending pad
- Use distress inks with a little water to create water color effects