Think of scrapbook sketches like a blueprint or guide for your page or layout. It helps you with the creative process of putting together a page. These sketches are great especially when you are a beginner. There are lots of places both on and off the web where you can get free sketches. Some of them are a general blueprint for non themed page. Others are very themed to a particular idea.
Since I also make greeting cards, I subscribe to a few card magazines. I often find that I can relate to a card sketch by just sizing it up to a scrapbook page size
One of my favorite sources is my Bing browser. I just type in free scrapbook sketches and a treasury of images show. You can save them on your computer and print them out for your own use.
I keep the sketches that I like and use in a loose leaf binder in page protectors. If you want, as your collection grows, you can add dividers for different sections.
How To Save Your Sketches
It’s easy to save the sketches that you find on the internet. You simply click on the image. Use the save as option selection on your computer. You may want to name it or use a title like Sketch 1 and add consecutive titles. You will find your sketches in your photo listings.
Using Your Sketches
Once you have chosen your scrapbook sketch, it’s time to get started putting it all together.
- Select your photos and the paper that you want to use. You will want to select a paper that compliments your photo. The easiest way to do this is to select the primary color of the photo. You may want to hold the paper against the photo to see you if like the choice, Select your mat colors if you are using them as well as any patterned paper.
- Start cutting out the elements as stated in your sketch. Follow the sketch diagram for measurements. If there are no measurements, estimate the sixe of the different portions.
- Lay everything out before you tape or glue them. Make sure that you have everything in place
- Adhere the sections to your background paper. Using the scrapbook sketch, adhere rthe portions of your page as directed,
- Add the text or journaling where indicated
- Add the embellishments where shown
Free Sketch Resources
Creating Keepsakes-Great free downloads
Scrapbook,Com- Large scrapbook sketch resource
Scrapbook And Cards Today– Large sketch listing
Scrapbook Generation– Good for downloading
Sketch N Scrap– Good sketches with examples